Business Essentials Courses
Business Essentials faculty teach courses that help all business majors develop core business and professional skills that are critical to your success as a student and beyond. Business Essentials courses are part of the shared undergraduate business curriculum.
- BUSN 201: Foundations of Business
- BUSN 205: Introduction to the World of Business
- BUSN 225: Winning Presentations
- BUSN 325: Organizational Communication
- BUSN 171: Mathematical Applications for Business
- BUSN 212: Differential Calculus and Optimization for Business
- BUSN 301: Career and Professional Development
- BUSN 323: Legal Environment of Business
- BUSN 329: Intercultural Communication
- Info 16X Series
- We offer a safe space for students to expand their Business Essential skills in communications (public speaking).
- Our diverse team of peer consultants guides students to present their business knowledge in clear, concise, and creative ways, driving audiences to action.
- We provide a welcoming environment with peer consultants who are experts in public speaking.
- We are inspired by creativity.
- We seek opportunities for growth as individuals and as a community of business professionals.
Studio BE offers peer tutoring for presentations. Peer consultants are available for in-person and virtual appointments. Virtual appointments are held over Zoom, and in-person appointments are held in Snead Hall B2111.
Schedule an Appointment
With your VCU credentials, log in to Navigate, vcu.campus.eab.com
- Click on Appointments/Schedule an Appointment
- Click on Writing Consultation
- In the next dropdown list, select the service you wish to sign up for,
- School of Business Presentation Consultation
- Location is Studio BE virtual
- Select the time and day of the appointment
- Check your VCU email for confirmation
Meet the Team
Brooke is a fourth-year VCU student majoring in Marketing with a concentration in Communication and Analytics. Brooke is also a Business Student Ambassador and enjoys representing what the School of Business is all about. Outside of school, Brooke enjoys playing basketball and going to the beach to relax. She says that her favorite thing about Studio BE is watching students grow throughout the semester and she can’t wait to meet you and see you do the same.
Natasha Romero Moskala - Natasha is a second-year VCU student pursuing a dual degree in political science with a concentration in international relations and business management with a concentration in administration. Natasha is also a Student Government Association Senator and serves on the Student Financial Services Student Advisory Board. Some of her hobbies include photography, dance, and spending time with her family. Her favorite thing about Studio BE is helping students navigate stage fright and working with students to make their presentations unique and engaging.
Tyra is a first-year student at Virginia Commonwealth pursuing a Business Foundations Marketing degree. Tyra is the Community Engagement Chair for the Leadership for Women of Color organization and serves on the Event Squad for the Activities Programming Board. Adding on, she enjoys outdoor picnics with friends, concerts, and spending time with her family. Tyra’s favorite thing about Studio BE is connecting with differing personalities to assist with curating presentations and slideshows.