VCU School of Business
December 2023 Commencement
What time should graduates and their guests arrive at The Altria Theater?
- Graduating students should arrive at the rear entrance of The Altria Theater between 12:45 p.m.-1:30 p.m. The rear entrance is located on Main Street just west of the Main Street ticket booth entrance. There will be signs directing graduates to the correct entry.
- Guests can begin arriving at the main entrance of The Altria Theater after doors open at 12:45 p.m. Graduates should urge all guests to arrive as early as possible and be mindful that traffic around the venue is likely to be heavy before and after the event. Guests will not be able to enter the theater while the student procession is underway.
Will parking be available for graduates and their guests?
- Parking will be free for graduates and guests in the VCU Main Street Parking Deck (801 W. Main St.).
- Remote participants may join us virtually via livestream. The livestream will be available on this website the day of the event. A recording of the livestream will also be available following the event.
How many guests may I invite?
- Seven guest tickets are allotted to each graduate until the registration deadline of November 6. We will notify all graduates if additional guest tickets are available after the registration deadline.
Must I wear regalia to participate?
- Regalia will not be required for the School of Business Commencement on December 10. Graduates who do not wish to wear regalia are expected to dress in business attire. Regalia may be purchased at Barnes & Noble @ VCU (1111 W. Broad St.) or online at balfour.com/vcu.
Will there be a university-wide commencement for all VCU students?
- Yes! The VCU university-wide commencement will be held on Saturday, December 9 at 10:00 AM Eastern. Details may be found here.