Evening, Online and Certificate Programs
The following instructions pertain to specialized master's, graduate certificate, Evening MBA and Online MBA programs.
To apply, submit the VCU online application with all required supplemental materials, including:
- A $70 nonrefundable application fee
- Application for Virginia In-State Tuition (if applicable)
- Transcripts from each college/university attended
- A statement of intent
- A current resume
- Three letters of recommendation
- Submitting a GMAT or GRE score for consideration is optional
- International applicants shall submit one of the following to meet the English proficiency requirement:
- TOEFL score of 100
- IELTS score of 6.5
- Duolingo score of 120
- Pearson Test of English score of 65
Evening MBA applicants may be contacted for an online interview.
Applicants may select to submit a valid GMAT or GRE score for consideration.
GMAT code: LP8-QF-86
ETS code: 5570
Statement of intent
All master’s and post-baccalaureate graduate certificate programs require a statement of intent. We recommend a statement between one and a half and two pages long describing your accomplishments, goals and reasons for applying.
Master’s (including Evening MBA Flexible Format) and graduate certificate application deadlines are:
- Fall: July 1
- Spring: Nov. 1
- Summer (domestic applicants only): March 1
The Evening MBA Online Cohort program offers fall admission only. The application deadlines are:
- Early application deadline: April 1
- Application deadline: July 1 (applications will be considered after the deadline based on availability)
TUITION AND AID
The total cost of your program will depend on your residency and enrollment status throughout the program. For more information about tuition and billing, visit Student Accounting.
Tuition and fees per semester
The 2023-2024 academic year estimate of tuition and fees for evening master's programs and graduate certificates are listed below. The Master of Supply Chain student fee is an additional $85 per credit hour.
- Full-time (9-15 credits): $8,326.50
- Part-time per credit hour (1-8 credits): $883 ($2,649 per 3-credit course)
- Full-time: $15,744.50
- Part-time per credit hour (1-8 credits): $1,699 ($5,097 per 3-credit course)
School of Business fee (all students)
- Full-time: $468
- Part-time: $235
Academic Support Services Fee (all students))
- Flat fee: $50
We offer a limited number of assistantships for graduate business students pursuing master's degrees each year. A master’s assistant must take at least nine credit hours per semester and is required to provide 20 hours of service per week to a department or office in the School of Business. Compensation is typically an hourly wage.
Applications are currently open for admitted and current students. To apply, complete the master’s assistantship application. A resume and cover letter are required.
The VCU Office of Financial Aid can connect you with federal, state, university and private resources that help make college affordable.
Our executive programs allow you to earn a graduate degree with a convenient, alternate weekend format. Visit our program pages to learn more about how to apply to each: