B.S. in financial technology
Financial Engineering is the application of engineering methods and the engineer’s problem-solving skills to important problems in finance. Designed to meet the growing need for quantitative modeling and analysis in finance, this program is technical and interdisciplinary in nature. This integrates methods and knowledge from business, mathematics, statistics, economics, and computer science.
We take a different approach than other schools by offering two tracks that represent high-demand skills in the finance field:
- Actuarial science: Prepare for the basic professional examinations and continued study in actuarial science.
- Financial engineering: Specialize in derivative instruments, securities, hedging, financial risk assessment, quantitative trading and asset/liability management.
The financial engineering track offers opportunities in areas such as derivative instruments, securities, hedging, financial risk assessment/management, quantitative trading and arbitrage, and asset/liability management. Students who complete the financial engineering track may choose to continue their education by enrolling in master’s programs in financial engineering and mathematical finance, or by entering directly into doctoral-level study in finance and related areas.
- Bachelor level jobs include:
- Actuarial Analyst
- Credit Risk Analyst
- Equity Analyst
- Financial Analyst
- Financial Quantitative Analyst
- Investment Analyst
- Investment Risk Analyst
- Junior Derivatives Trader
- Risk Management Specialis