The VCU School of Business, in partnership with Christ University, offers a graduate program that will help you build the skills needed to prosper in today’s dynamic and evolving global business environment.
Students at Christ University are invited to apply for the CU-VCU MBA/M.S. program. You’ll experience studying in two countries while earning two graduate diplomas from two prestigious universities:
- Master of Business Administration from Christ University, Bengaluru
- Master of Science in Business from Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond
This international learning experience provides cutting-edge, globally focused education in the field of business and life-changing experience derived from living and studying in both India and the U.S.
Choose one of four M.S. degree concentrations:
- Finance: Gain extensive training and skills in financial decision-making in the areas of corporate financial management, investments and security analysis, international finance, funds management in financial institutions and derivatives.
- Global marketing management: Gain a deeper understanding of the work of a marketing manager and more exposure to international business studies.
- Information systems: Gain an education in assessing information security risks, developing security policies, defining contingency plans, and understanding compliance aspects and existing international regulations.
- Decision analytics: Gain quantitative skills and experience in analyzing problems arising in a business environment.
The VCU School of Business is one of just 170 business schools worldwide accredited by AACSB International. That means graduates of the CU-VCU program are eligible for doctoral programs in India or other parts of the world. Successful completion of the program also makes you eligible for employment in government, semi-government and private organizations in India.
Applications begin through Christ University. Once you are accepted by Christ University, VCU will review your academic records and make a final admission decision for the VCU program. For questions about the application process, email email@example.com.
VCU requires a GPA of at least 3.0 in the first year of the Christ University MBA to qualify for the VCU M.S. program. You must also maintain a 3.0 GPA while in the VCU M.S. program.
Tuition and fees
The total program budget includes your first-year tuition at CU, the entire VCU tuition fee, the visa expense, health care insurance, air travel and housing expenses at VCU. This excludes living costs in Bengaluru while studying at Christ University.
For students entering the VCU program in summer 2018 the fee can be paid in three installments. The first installment of U.S. $6,500 is due in January 2018, the second installment of U.S. $6,000 is due in June 2018 and the final installment of U.S. $6,000 is due January 2019.
For students entering the VCU program in summer 2019 the fee can be paid in three installments. The first installment of U.S. $6,000 is due in January 2019, the second installment of U.S. $6,500 is due in June 2019 and the final installment of U.S. $6,500 is due January 2020.
For information about obtaining a loan, contact the CU admissions office.
Both VCU and CU staff can assist you in obtaining a visa. However, visa granting is an independent decision made by immigration authorities; neither VCU or CU has control over the outcome.
Our track record suggests rejection chances are very low. If you do not get a visa, you will be transferred to one of the other international programs offered on the CU campus, and will only receive one degree, as offered by Christ University. Your entire first installment fee paid to VCU will be refunded.
Optional practical training
As a student in the CU-VCU program, you are eligible to pursue optional practical training. OPT allows you to work as an apprentice or intern in the U.S. for up to one year while still holding a student visa. can assist you with OPT and on-campus career opportunities.