Graduate Studies in Business has a limited number of assistantships available for graduate business students pursuing Masters degrees each year. A master’s assistant must take at least nine credit-hours per semester and is required to provide 20 hours of service per week to a department or office in the School of Business. Compensation will be $13/hour.
If you have met the conditions of (1) being accepted into a master's program and (2) enrolling in at least 9 credit-hours per semester, you may apply for an assistantship:
1. Complete the masters assistantship application
- This will require you to upload a resume and cover letter.
2. You will receive an email with further details once your materials and application are submitted.
*When entering your Student ID or V number, always begin with a capital 'V.'
By completing the above assistantship application process, your application and supplemental materials will be entered into the applicant pool of possible candidates, for all School of Businesss assistantship positions.
Due to the variety of positions your application and letter may be assessed for, writing the cover letter for your Master's Assistantship application may be challenging. To help you, we offer the following suggestions:
1. Follow formal letter writing techniques
2. Detail any and/or all of the following:
- Personal Leadership Experiences
- Customer Service Experiences
- Research Experience
- Professional Skills (i.e. accounting, computer, finance, etc...)
- And perhaps most importantly, describe any special attributes which make you a valuable representative of the School of Business