To provide Masters students with advanced economic knowledge and skills to conduct applied economic analysis.
Student Learning Goals
- Students will develop advanced quantitative proficiency in economic modeling.
- Students will develop advanced analytical proficiency in economic modeling.
- Students will be able to use a standard macroeconomic model to analyze the impact of a policy action on major macroeconomic variables.
- Students will be able to use advanced microeconomic models to analyze the behavior of consumers and firms and the impact of public policy on economic welfare.
- Students will understand the properties of the Ordinary Least Squares estimator under different assumptions about the data generating process encountered in economics.
- Students will understand circumstances in which estimation of an econometric time series model is appropriate.
- Students will understand the application of models appropriate for analysis of limited dependent variables encountered in economics.