The VCU School of Business is a dynamic community with lots of opportunities for you to pursue your interests and make valuable connections. The Office of Student Engagement is here to help you discover and navigate your best path as a student and beyond.
Your home base
Located off the atrium of Snead Hall, we offer an open door for all undergraduate business students. We are here to help you figure out how to get involved, get real-world perspective on potential majors, map out your goals and develop your professional skills and contacts in the business world.
EXPLORE Interviews and CONNECT Mentoring
The EXPLORE and CONNECT programs give you exposure to the professional world by matching you with alumni and friends of VCU who want to give back.
EXPLORE lets you interview professionals in your areas of interest. Ask them honest questions related to how they got to where they are, what schallenges they've faced and what a typical day looks like.
CONNECT gives you the chance to develop a supportive mentoring relationship with a business professional as you prepare to transition into your career.
Student organizations provide terrific experience, professional development, management skills and teamwork strategies. They’re also a fun way to network with peers and professionals. Most business student organizations are tied to local chapters of professional organizations, offering guest speakers, site visits, conferences, scholarships and more.
- Alpha Kappa Psi: A co-ed professional business fraternity recognized as the premier developer of principled business leaders
- Alpha Sigma Gamma: An international organization for the recognition of academic and scholarly achievement by real estate students, faculty and professionals. Contact Dawn McDermott at email@example.com for more information.
- American Marketing Association: The VCU Collegiate Chapter provides members with the opportunity to network, gain new marketing skills and meet other students with similar professional interests.
- Association of Information Technology Professionals: Dedicated to the development of students with the desire to enter the field of information technology.
- Beta Alpha Psi: A national scholastic professional accounting honor society that recognizes academic and professional excellence in the field of accounting.
- Beta Gamma Sigma: Honoring high academic achievement in the study and practice of business. Contact Charles Byles at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Business Student Ambassadors: Student volunteers who serve the School of Business by giving tours to prospective students and their families and other guests
- Collegiate DECA: Facilitates leadership, networking and professional development for any and all students regardless of major
- Economics Club: An academic organization for students interested in Economics
- Financial Management Association: An international organization for any students interested in corporate finance, banking and investments.
- Gamma Iota Sigma: An international fraternity for students pursuing careers in risk management, insurance and actuarial science
- International Business Club: A diverse community of students interested in international business and leadership in a global environment
- National Association of Black Accountants: Expanding the influence of minority professionals in the fields of accounting and finance.
- Omicron Delta Epsilon: The international honor society for economics.
- Phi Beta Lambda: The collegiate branch of the Future Business Leaders of America
- Rho Epsilon: The national fraternity for students interested in the real estate profession
- Society for Human Resource Management: An international association devoted to advancing the profession of human resource management
- StartUP VCU: The club for entrepreneurially minded students at VCU.
- Student Managed Investment Portfolio: Provides students with hands-on, real world investment experience, including the management of an equity portfolio for the School of Business Foundation.