At the Center for Corporate Education, we’re committed to helping you build a better team. Work with us to develop customized training programs that meet your organizational needs, from team-based strengths building, multicultural communication, mindful leadership, and even problem-solving using LEGO® Serious Play.
Choose between delivery options either on-site at your team’s location, or meet in our newly renovated classroom space in the School of Business.
Sample team development programs
All open enrollment courses are also available to be brought to your team. A variety of module lengths are avaiable from two hours to full days. Contact us to develop customized training programs in leadership, management, strategy, and productivity.
The Art and Science of Mindful Leadership
- This workshop will define and integrate mindfulness into the art and science of leading people and teams. Outcomes of the session will include helping participants be more present and less distracted in order to more authentically connect with others at work. Participants will create personal strategies to increase mindful attention and reflective leadership capacity to increase well-being, decrease stress and burnout, and lead teams more effectively.
Basics of Strategic Planning
- Interested in improving your organization’s effectiveness? Our facilitator will get your team started on creating your own strategic plan in this overview of the strategic planning process. This class will focus on clarifying your mission, vision, and values, conducting your SWOT (Strengths Weaknesses Opportunities Threats) analysis, crafting SMART goals, and how to monitor progress and maintain momentum.
Becoming Effective Interviewers
- The choices we make about who we hire are vitally important for the success of our teams. Using a variety of interactive exercises, this session will equip the participants with tools to select and recruit colleagues who bring their unique strengths to benefit the entire team, enhancing the entire unit's effectiveness.
Introduction to Project Management
- This introduction to project management course will use an average everyday fun project and walk through the initiating and planning of a project, as part of the Project Management Institute’s PMBOK (Project Management Body of Knowledge) model. It is designed to give everyone in the organization the fundamentals of good project management. The goals of this class are obtained through lectures, group case studies and hands-on exercises.
Lego Serious Play
- LEGO® Serious Play® is a facilitated meeting, communication, idea generating and problem-solving method, where each participant builds his or her own three-dimensional LEGO model in response to the facilitator’s questions using specially selected LEGO bricks. These 3D models serve as the basis for group discussion, knowledge sharing, individual insight, problem solving and decision-making. You can expect new perceptions, awareness, ideas and discoveries while having serious fun.
Supporting Multicultural Work Groups: First, Assume Positive Intent
- English is the common language for business, science and international education; however it is the native language for only 7% of the world’s population. How does this affect the relationships and outcomes of your multicultural work group? Explore why and how team contributions might be buried under language and cultural differences. What can you do to ensure communication problems don’t thwart full contributions from all team members, both those native-born American and international participants?
Team Based Strengths
This workshop focuses on the strengths of each team member, and how those strengths can be deployed in the context of the team. This team building session will be designed to explore and discuss team talents, and how natural talents shape team dynamics. Furthermore, this session helps participants understand how to optimize the strengths they have.