Continuing Education Units
A Continuing Education Unit is a measurement for professional activities that don't result in academic credit. One CEU equals 10 hours of participation in an organized education experience under responsible sponsorship, capable direction and qualified instruction.
The Center for Corporate Education lets you earn CEUs based on successful completion of program activities. It’s solely at the discretion of professional certifying agencies whether to accept or decline CEUs.
A CEU is not equivalent to undergraduate or graduate credit and CEUs are only recorded to one decimal point (i.e., 14 contact hours equals 1.4 CEUs).
CEUs are available for most open enrollment CCE programs. If you’re interested in receiving CEUs, let us know during registration.
Log in to view your CEU transcript or call Kelly Mitchell at (804) 828-3165 to request a copy.
Payment is due in full at registration — we do not accept payment plans. You’ll receive a receipt up to 72 hours after completing registration and payment.
Accepted payment methods include credit card and check. If you need a W-9 form to issue a check, please contact us. We recommend requesting a check from your organization 90 days prior to the start of the program. If we have not received the check by the start of the program, you will not be permitted to attend.
Because classes offered at the CCE are non-credit, they aren’t covered by the VCU tuition waiver, and are generally not covered by tuition assistance or tuition reimbursement. Please direct all reimbursement questions internally to your organization.
For questions about payments, call (804) 828-3165.
Refunds and cancellations
If you’re unable to attend, you may be eligible for a refund based on cancellation date:
- 3+ weeks prior to the start date = full refund
- 2-3 weeks prior to the start date = 50 percent refund
- Less than two weeks prior to the start date = no refund
All requests for refunds must be in writing. Approved refunds will be processed in 7-10 business days.
The CCE reserves the right to cancel any program if minimum enrollment is not met prior to the start date. If a program is canceled, the full registration fee will be refunded. The CCE also reserves the right to postpone programs, limit enrollment, split or combine programs, change instructors or change locations.
For SHRM® Learning System participants, no refunds will be given once the plastic is broken on the SHRM® Learning System books.
If you require accommodations due to a disability that qualifies under the Americans with Disabilities Act, call us at (804) 828-3165 at least two weeks prior to the program.
A lactation room is available by request.
Parking is available in the JL Surface Lot at 200 West Cary Street. Entrance to the lot is available on Madison and Jefferson streets. Once parked, make note of your parking space number.
Validate your space by using one of the two parking pay stations: one towards the center of the lot and one at the corner of Jefferson Street.
When prompted for a visitor coupon, select "yes" and enter the code provided in your logistics email. The pay station will show "amount due $0.00" and print a ticket. Place the ticket on your dashboard.
Parking for SHRM Learning System
Registrants attending the 12-week program can choose from these options:
- Street parking: Paid and free street parking is available near the building. Parking is enforced by the City of Richmond. Adhere to all parking regulations, including 2-hour time limits and "no parking" time frames.
- JL surface lot: If you plan on using this lot, you should pay for all evenings up front at a rate of $6 per night using our click and park program. Print out your receipt for each night and display it on your dashboard. Do not plan on paying the JL Lot parking machine before class each night.
- Main Street deck: Additional parking is available at the West Main Street deck. Rates are $1 per hour for the first two hours and $2 per hour for each additional hour, for a maximum rate of $10 per day.