Our graduate professional development programs help you advance your career, whether you’re looking to move into executive ranks, pursue a different functional area in your company or make a significant career change.
These free services are available to all School of Business graduate students and graduate-program alumni.
Schedule individual coaching appointments with John Worth, director of graduate professional development. Sessions can be held in person or over the phone.
Topics you can discuss include:
- Career advancement suggestions
- Marketing yourself more effectively in your current organization
- Resume reviews
- Networking strategies and techniques
- Interview preparation
- Job search strategy advice
- Offer and salary negotiation tips
CareerLeader is a fully integrated approach to business self-assessment built on the premise that one's interests, motivators and skills will drive their future career success and satisfaction. This assessment is especially valuable if you are considering a career change or seeking new ways to leverage your business degree.
CareerLeader generates a report that identifies specific job functions that match your interests, motivators, skills and values. Your results may suggest new jobs to explore or solidify the job track you are already on.
Contact John Worth at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
Workshops and webinars
Workshops and webinars throughout the year cover topics such as:
- Advancing your career through highly effective networking
- Leveraging LinkedIn to build and enhance your brand
- Marketing yourself in your organization
- Preparing for the interview: emphasizing your transferable skills
- Elevating your management perspectives
- Becoming an outstanding interviewer
For executive business students, many of these workshops will be offered at Snead Hall prior to class on Fridays during class weekends. For other graduate business students and alumni, they will be offered in the evenings prior to class. You will receive an invitation by email with registration information about two weeks before each workshop is scheduled.
Recorded workshops and panels
Watch previous workshops and panels:
Listen to John Worth's podcast series for advice on topics such as:
- Preparing for the job search
- Conducting a successful job search
- Managing your career
- Preparing for and mastering the interview process
For text versions of this content, see Career Moves: Tips on Conducting a Job Search and Managing Your Career.
Executive MBA Alumni Career Perspectives
We asked EMBA alumni: How has your EMBA helped you advance your career? What advice do you have for current students that can help them manage their careers? Find out what they had to say: Alumni Career Perspectives.