At a glance
- The VCU Master of Decision Analytics (M.D.A) Weekend Program provides students with the in-demand business analytics skills and experience needed for analyzing problems in the business world.
This hybrid program follows an alternating weekend schedule. On the first class weekend of each month, students attend class in person. The second class weekend of each month is HyFlex, and students may attend in-person or virtually.
- Program length: 16 months
Schedule: Every other Friday afternoon and Saturday
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree; 2+ years' work experience
Average class size: 25 to 35 students
Application deadlines: Round 1 - February 15
- Live, interactive classroom instruction from distinguished professors and business professionals
- Work directly with major businesses in the area on live projects and practicum
- Enjoy sessions with area executives and data science practitioners
- Teamwork and communications coaching
- Career counseling
- Social and networking events
- Become part of VCU's Analytics Alumni network - a valuable source of career opportunity and development
Prepare for positions in advanced analytics functions and gain an understanding of database structure, data query, statistical analysis, data mining, forecasting and more. We emphasize communicating analytics results to nonquantitative audiences, data visualization and effective teamwork skills.
- Health Care Management Certificate: Enroll in optional add-on during the summer semester.
- Corporate Finance Certificate: Enroll in optional add-on during the summer semester.
- Practicum: Help solve problems for a real-world business, medical or government agency client.
- Career Services: Use our free services to boost your career.
Master of Decision Analytics Webinar with Alumni Panel Q&ADate: Tuesday, December 6
Time: 1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Open to:Business community Prospective graduate students
Schedule an appointment
Can’t make it to one of our events? We’re happy to meet with you one-on-one.
We offer a competitive tuition of $43,000, billed in four separate semester payments.
For billing and payment questions, visit VCU Student Accounting.
Our comprehensive tuition covers:
Course materials & software
Meals during on-campus sessions
Socials & networking events
Federal loans are available. Visit VCU Financial Aid for information.
Classes meet every other Friday and Saturday.
Fridays 12:30 p.m.-6:15 p.m.
Saturdays 8 a.m-3:45 p.m.
16-month program, includes summer & winter breaks.
The first class weekend of each month students are expected to attend in-person.
The second class weekend of each month is HyFlex; students may attend in-person or virtually.
We’ve partnered with executives from local organizations to form an Analytics Advisory Board.
The Master of Decision Analytics Professional Track program was created with the board’s direct involvement and consent.
Meet the board
- Matt Austin
Keiter Stephens Advisors
- Elliot Becker
- Karen Bernhard
- Michael Bland
- Lee Brooks
- Virginia Credit Union
- Christine Chmura
Chmura Economics & Analytics
- Simeon Chow
- John Datovech
- Kevin Gorman
- Chip Hidinger
- Atma Iyer
- Robert Reynolds
W.R. Berkley Corporation
- Craig Snodgrass
- Wesley Strom
- Larry Tentor
Virginia Retirement System
- Robert Thomas
- Ward Thomas
- Sam Waters