Start: Sat., Feb. 24 @ 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Host: Department of Management
Additional Host: Hosted by VCU, in partnership with Junior Achievement and the Governor’s Office
Event contact: Jay Markiewicz Executive Director of Entrepreneurship Programs Virginia Commonwealth University School of Business email@example.com Andrew Kirk Senior Education Manager Junior Achievement of Central Virginia (804) 217-8855 x206 firstname.lastname@example.org
Audience: Business community, Prospective undergraduate students
Building: VCU School of Business Snead Hall
Address: 301 West Main Street Richmond, VA 23284
Junior Achievement will lead high school student teams through the Be Entrepreneurial program in their classrooms. Teams will be selected to pitch their business ideas to local startup founders in a Shark Tank-style competition at the Virginia Entrepreneurial Challenge. Teams will compete for a cash prize.
The Virginia Entrepreneurial Challenge allows high schoolers the chance to:
• Work with students and professors from the VCU Entrepreneurship program
• Meet motivated, like-minded students from various high schools
• Make connections with local startups
• Develop your creative thinking and business skills
• Learn to pitch your business idea
• Build your entrepreneurship skill set