Maximize Your Career Development Efforts
Career Counselors are available to provide on-site 1:1 career counseling and advising. Maximize your career development efforts by connecting with your Career Counselor and staying in contact. And don't forget your counselor's blog for information on current activities, events, jobs, etc.
How Do I Connect With My Career Counselor?
Scheduling an appointment with your Career Counselor is the best way to connect. To schedule an appointment...
- Log on to HireVCURams
- Click on "Make an Appointment" in the left side bar
- In the drop down menu chose "Career Advising" or "Professional Document Review" as your appointment type
- Click on a day and time that Darlene Ward Thompson, Madeline Goldman or Katherine Schuster are available
Career Counselor Contact Information
Darlene Ward Thompson
Additional Recommendations Before You Visit With Your Counselor
- Access the HireVCURams, our On-line Recruiting System and establish your profile.
- Review the Career Preparation Life Cycle to understand where you are/should be in your career preparation efforts and discuss questions with your career counselor.
- While you're in the Career Center, pick up the current SBCS calendar of events to learn of opportunities to interact with employers, career development workshops, etc.
- And don't forget to check out Darlene's Blog for the latest jobs, success stories, and more!
Walk In Hours--Spring 2017
Walk-in hours are as follows: Monday and Thursday 4:00pm - 6:30pm; Wednesday 9:00am - 12:00pm and 1:00pm - 6:30pm